Monday, May 15, 2006

bad case of blogger's right not to blog

Why am I stuck in a blogmire? Why is writing these things so hard?
Partly, of course, it's because I don't do much. I could write about what I had for lunch, but the Crankette already has that beat.
It isn't just inactivity that keeps me from writing, though. That never stopped me as a newspaper columnist. Nor is it the lack of deadlines and scary editors. The blogging block lies in the very nature of the medium. You can write anything you want. You can write as long as you want. You could update readers all day long on every belch and sigh.
Or you could sigh and write nothing at all. This infinite empty space just sits in the computer like a non-directive psychiatrist, waiting for words.
Um-hum. Tell me about it.
Phew, the 55 minutes are up. Time to go to the gym. Or somewhere, anywhere.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

You win points just for Ferdinand.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

I kept thinking that the picture looked familiar. Thank you Jamie for the ID. I haven't seen that book since I was six years old or so.

9:55 AM  
Blogger PEFACommish said...

When I told you on the phone today that I found it easier to maintain my blog because it had a narrower focus than, say, the Universe, that may not have been good advice for you. Given that you're doing absolutely nothing these days, you might not want to limit what you're willing to write about.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home